Top Image Mesa County Home
Current Openings for Commissioner-appointed PanelsBoards and Commission 

  • Get Involved In Your Community 

    Apply to serve on one of our Commissioner-appointed volunteer panels, boards or commissions.

    Volunteer Board Application

    The Mesa County Board of Commissioners invite individuals to apply for the following panels, boards, and commissions.  

    Current Openings

  •  Board of Trustees of the Mesa County Library District

    Deadline for application: November 3, 2014

    One appointment will be made.

    The seven-member Mesa County Libraries Board of Trustees governs the Mesa County Public Library District. The Board of Trustees adopts and oversees the budget, bylaws and policies; conducts long-range planning; and hires and evaluates the library Director. Trustees are unpaid volunteers.  The Board meets once a month (with the exception of November), usually on the last Thursday.  For more information on this board, visit:  Terms are for five years.

     Mesa County Noxious Weed Advisory Board

    Deadline for application: Open until filled

    One appointment for alternate will be made. 

    This Board makes recommendations regarding the management plan for designated noxious weeds, recommends action to be taken to control or eradicate noxious weeds and declares certain weed species as noxious.  Candidates must be residents of the unincorporated portion of Mesa County and a majority of the board must be landowners of over forty acres.  Terms are for five years.  

     Mesa County Planning Commission

    Deadline for application: November 3, 2014

    Two appointments for alternates will be made.

    The Mesa County Planning Commission adopts the Master Plan for future Development of unincorporated Mesa County, reviews general land use matters and makes recommendations to the Board of Commissioners based upon the Mesa County Land Development Code and Master Plan. Knowledge of zoning and general land use matters is recommended. The commission is comprised of seven members and three alternates.  Terms are for three years.

    For more information on the Planning Commission, visit

     Mesa County Tri-Partite Board for Community Services Block Grant

    Deadline for application:  Will remain open to build pool of interested parties.

    The primary purpose of the Tri-Partite Board is to advise the Mesa County Board of County Commissioners (BoCC) concerning the administration of the Community Services Block Grant program, pursuant to the Community Services Block Grant Act, Pub. Law 105-285, § 676B, 42 U.S.C. 9910, as amended.  In addition, the Tri-Partite Board may make funding recommendations concerning Community Services Block Grants to the Department of Human Services, and the BoCC. 

    The Tri-Partite Board shall consist of a tripartite structure, which is defined as having three (03) equal parts. All members of the Tri-Partite Board shall reside in Mesa County.  In addition, pursuant to the Community Services Block Grant Act, § 676B(b), 42 U.S.C. § 9910, Tri-Partite Board members will be appointed by the BOCC in accordance with democratic selection procedures to assure that not fewer than one-third (1/3) of the Tri-Partite Board members are:

    1. Representative of low-income individuals and families in the neighborhoods served; and
    2. Elected public officials, holding office on the date of the selection, or their representative; and
    3. Members of the private sector (business, education etc.)

    Terms are for two years.

  • If you have questions please call (970) 244-1885.  
    Thank you.

Mesa County Logo with Text  Follow Us On  
Facebook Icon   Twitter Icon   Email Icon 
        Mesa County Home           Comments/Feedback          Copyright/Disclaimer/Privacy           Webmaster