Top Image Mesa County Home
Mesa County Public Works
Surface Alteration Permit  

This permit type is now available to apply for online at:

If you are going to be doing work which will impact the surface of a Mesa County Right of Way ie: landscaping, sidewalks, curb and gutter, or improving an existing driveway, you will be required to obtain a Surface Alteration Permit.

  • Please apply for the permit at least 15 working days prior to starting your project.
  • You may be required to submit a Traffic Control Plan prepared by a certified Traffic Control Supervisor as well as a set of plans/drawings for your project.
  • The fee for the Surface Alteration Permit is $25.00.
  • Browse to the Mesa County Online Permit Website. Start the application process by clicking on the “Setup an Account” link at the top of the webpage. Fill out the required fields in the form and select “Create Account” button at the bottom of the form. You will be taken to the online permit application form. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete your permit application.

*Please report any issues you encounter with the use of this website to:
Mesa County IT Help Desk
Phone: 970-683-4200

Mesa County Logo with Text  Follow Us On  
Facebook Icon   Twitter Icon   Email Icon 
        Mesa County Home           Comments/Feedback          Copyright/Disclaimer/Privacy           Webmaster