Mesa County, Colorado collects no personal information about you when you visit our websites unless you choose to provide that information to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, it may be used in a number of ways. Your information may help us to respond to a question, provide you with information, or complete a transaction that you have requested. EMail messages are treated the same way as written letters. We will only share the information you give us with another governmental agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as required by the Colorado Public Records Act, or other law. While we are required to maintain many documents, we do not collect personal information on our websites for any purpose other than to respond to you. We do not create individual profiles with the provided information, nor do we give away, sell, or otherwise provide your information to any private organization.
While browsing Mesa County websites, read web pages, or download information, we may gather and store certain, non-personal information about your visit automatically. This information does not indentify you personally. Some of the information we may collect and store includes:
- The Internet domain name (i.e. "someone.com") and IP (Internet Protocol) address;
- The type of browser and operating system used during site access;
- The date and time of your visit to our site;
- What pages you visit and what information you download (if any);
- and, if you linked to a Mesa County, Colorado website from another website, the address of that website.
This information will be used to make our sites more useful, to find out how many people visit our sites, and the current technologies used while accessing our sites.