544 Rood Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501
P.O. Box 20,000
Grand Junction, CO 81502-5001
Small Business Relief Program
Mesa County remains committed to helping small businesses and will continue to make efforts to bring resources and relief to our community.
After hearing from our local businesses and constituents, Mesa County requested and received an extension of the Small Business Relief Program with the Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA). Mesa County will now accept applications through 5pm on March 18, 2021.
To apply, please review the content below then apply using the “Apply via ZoomGrants” button.
Eligible Small Businesses in Mesa County Can Apply for a Relief Payment
Applications for the Small Business Relief Program for Mesa County will be extended and accepted through March 18, 2021.
These one-time relief payments, authorized by Senate Bill 20B-001, are available to locally owned small businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19 restrictions including restaurants, bars, breweries, wineries, distilleries, fitness clubs, caterers, and movie theaters.
Mesa County businesses that are currently operating, and have a reduced revenue of at least 20% due to capacity restrictions from public health orders, may be eligible for funding.
- Businesses with less than $500,000 in revenue (2019) may receive up to $3,500.
- Businesses with revenue between $500,000 and $1 million (2019) may receive up to $5,000.
- Businesses with revenue between $1 million and $2.5 million (2019) may receive a payment up to $7,000.
Please click on the titles to view additional information
- Business is in one of the eligible industries identified in State Bill 20B-001 and can provide current State license verifying good standing and legal operation in Colorado.
- Business headquarters located in and is doing business in Colorado.
- Business must have at least 20% revenue loss since March 26, 2020 (except businesses that began operations between January 1 and March 26, 2020).
- Business must have less than $2.5M in revenue for 2019 and 2020 calendar year.
- Business must have at least one full-time employee except for sole proprietorship.
- Began operating before March 26, 2020.
- Business must be in compliance with public health orders.
- Businesses owned or operated by officials or employees of Mesa County (or other municipality where funding is being distributed).
- Businesses whose regular ongoing operations started after March 26, 2020.
- Corporate-Owned franchises and/or publicly traded companies.
- Businesses with outstanding local tax liabilities or tax liens as of July 1, 2020, or currently in bankruptcy (Corporate or Personal).
- Businesses that do not intend to continue operating in the State for at least six months after receipt of funding.
- Businesses operating in violation of any State, Federal, or local laws.
- State of Colorado “Arts Relief Program” or the “Minority-Owned Business Relief Program” as established in Senate Bill 20B-001.
- Nonprofit organizations
Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, March 18, 2021. Mesa County businesses are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The window for applications has been extended, and follow-up materials may be requested after application submittal to ensure businesses have met eligibility requirements.
Please submit your Small Business Relief application with the "Apply via ZoomGrants" button below. Contact Ashley Greco at Ashley.email@example.com with questions. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm. on March 18, 2021.
All qualified businesses will receive a relief grant. Award amounts will depend on the total number of qualified businesses and funding available. Relief grants will be issued by March 26, 2021.
Before you apply please collect the following information for upload during the application process.
Documents required for application:
- All current valid State licenses required for eligible business as indicated in the legislation
- Profit & Loss or Sales Tax receipts verifying monthly gross income from March 2019 – November or December 2020
- Completed monthly revenue template
- A copy of Certificate of Good Standing from the Colorado Secretary of State
- 2019 Business State of CO Tax Return or a Colorado Tax Exempt Certificate
- Receipt from most recent payment of Unemployment Insurance Payroll Taxes
- Completed W-9 for your business (signed and dated)
- Your 6-digit NAICS Code
Supported file extensions for documents uploaded to your application:
.DOC , .XLS , .XLSM , .DOCX , .XLSX , .TXT , .RTF , .WPS , .SXW , .ODT , .TAB , .CSV , .WKS , .SXC , .ODS , .PPT , .PPTX , .PPS , .SXI , .ODP , .PDF , .GIF , .JPG , .PNG , .MW , .WAV , .AIF , .MP3 , .MP4 , .MID , .MPG , .MOV , .WMV , .RM , .JPEG , .SHP , .SHX , .DBF , .KML , .KMZ , .TIF , .TIFF
Now accepting applications.
Please note that once you submit your application, you can no longer make changes.