200 S. Spruce
Grand Junction, CO 81501
P.O. Box 20,000
Grand Junction, CO 81502-5001
Not finding what you're looking for?
Send us an email and we'll get back to
you as soon as possible
Adopted Codes and Regulations
2018 Adopted Ordinance 008(C) and Updated Fee Schedule
2019 Code Adoptions
Mesa County Building Department has adopted the following codes effective January 1, 2019 with full implementation by July 1, 2019.
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 Existing Building Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code- Refere to Update to National Electrical Code Notice effective March 1, 2021
The Building Guides are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. You can download the Acrobat Reader from Adobe for free and is easily set up to work with most Web browsers. These Building Guides are courtesy of the Colorado Chapter of the International Conference of Building Officials.
Snow Loads by Area
Snow Load Non-Reducible
Wind Stagnation Pressure at
Basic Wind Speed (residential only)
|Grand Junction & surrounding area||30#||13||115|
|Glade Park Store & within a 2 mile radius||30#||13||115|
|Glade Park Area (other)||Contact Building Dept.||13||115|
General Information: Snow Loads by Elevation
|Elevation||Ground Snow Load Non- Reducible||Wind Stagnation Pressure at
30 Ft. Ht.
|Basic Wind Speed (residential only)|