Orchard Avenue Corridor Study
Learn about the project
- The Orchard Avenue Corridor Study aims to develop a multimodal corridor for all users along Orchard Avenue from 29 ½ Road to Warrior Way by developing initial design plans and evaluating the potential outcomes of those plans.
- Working with Mesa County and other stakeholders, the project team will identify opportunities and constraints, understand the benefits and drawbacks of various options for the corridor, and develop several design alternatives for Orchard Avenue.
- Finally, the team will help select a preferred design alternative that best balances the study’s goals with community input to provide the County and local residents with an improved Orchard Avenue.
- The preferred design alternative for Orchard Avenue will be advanced to a preliminary planning level, or a level of refinement that provides a high degree of certainty for all elements of the final design for Orchard.
- Subsequent phases of design will be initiated following the completion of this initial study.
Open House 09/28/2021
- Mesa County Staff and its project team hosted an open house at Long Family Memorial Park to gather input on what challenges and opportunities exist along Orchard Avenue.
- Members of the public were asked to identify issues they experience on Orchard Avenue, between 29 ½ Road and Warrior Way, and what opportunities for improvement they would like to see.
- Nearly 50 members of the community turned out to learn more about the project, share their ideas, and have their questions answered by the project team.
- The event was also covered by KKCO 11, details of which are available here on NBC11 News.
- The project team is using input gathered during the open house to develop a design for the corridor that will be shared with the public in early 2022.
- Community members are invited to stay involved with the project as efforts progress.
- Mesa County and its team want to thank everyone who came out and participated.
- Your feedback is invaluable to help guide Orchard Avenue's future and create a corridor that truly reflects the community's needs and desires.
Orchard Avenue Corridor Study - Existing Conditions Presentation