Sheriff's Office Open Records Requests
Criminal justice records requests
We hope that providing these simple guidelines and forms will produce an easier way for you to request Criminal Justice Records & Public Records that reside within our agency.
The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office releases records as it applies to the public records that may exist in accordance with the Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act, C.R.S. 24-72-301, and the Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. 24-72-201.
Keep in mind; some 'Public Records' are not the work product of this agency.
If you need clarification about what agency to request a 'Public Record,' we encourage you to start here. We'll let you know if your request falls under Mesa County Government's purview.
Requests may be submitted by mail or in person
Mesa County Sheriff's Office
Attention: Records Request
215 Rice Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Records lobby hours:
- 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Monday - Friday (excluding holidays)
All services require photo identification and a signed request form.
Arrest records (for the past 30 days)
Can be accessed from our Blotter Reports page.
- $2.00 up to the first 4 pages
- $0.25 each additional page
- DVD/CD Copies $6.00 per disk
- Mug Shotcopies $2.00 black & white / $3.00 color each
- Research and retreival fee:
- $30.00 per hour (no charge for the first hour) for extensive data/record searches and redaction of confidential data under the law. C.R.S. 24-72-205 (6)(a)
Fees also apply to copies of jail documents.
Open Records - Fee Schedule (Revised 07-11-2019)
The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office accepts the following:
- Check or money order
- All major credit cards (additional fee will apply)
For more information
Please call 970-244-3500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporters may contact the Public Information Officer (PIO) directly:
Call 970-812-3849 or email PIO.Sheriff@mesacounty.us
You can also visit the Media Contact page on CrimeWatch website.