Internships with Sheriff's Office
The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office offers unpaid internships during the spring, summer, and fall semesters.
Agency interns work an average of 10-20 hours a week for the duration of the semester.
Interns with a Criminal Justice major can spend time in each section of the agency, working with:
- Court Services
- Emergency Services
- Law Operations (Patrol & Investigations)
- Support Services (Records & Sex Offender Registration)
Students in the Communication and Marketing field can also apply for an internship with our agency to work with our Public Information Officer.
High school students
If you are a high school student interested in law enforcement, consider our Youth Explorer Program. Speak with your school-to-career coordinator about interning with us.
In order to participate in our internship program, you must:
- Be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior
- Be currently enrolled in College
- Getting college credit for your internship
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
- Possess a valid state driver's license
- Have engaged in no criminal activity in the last three to five years (including drug usage)
Are you ready to apply?
If you are interested in applying with us, complete the following requirements:
- Personal Statement
- Background Check Form
- Letter of Intent or Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
Internships - Application Form (Revised 2021)
Internships - Personal History (Revised 2021)
Internships - Background Check (Revised 2022)
- Fall semester is July 31st
- Spring semester is November 30th
- Summer semester is April 30th
Return completed packets to Deputy Bailey Hott by email or mail.
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail to: Mesa County Sheriff’s Office, 215 Rice Street, Grand Junction, CO 81501
- Call: 970-244-3283