Buying and selling a manufactured home
- Ensure that all property taxes have been paid on the manufactured home.
- Provide the buyer with a Certificate of Title (or a bill of sale if seller does not have a title) to facilitate the transfer of ownership and prorate an appropriate amount for the current years taxes to the new owner.
- Provide the buyer with a Tax Authentication. This document is required by law and is issued by the treasurer's office. A copy of the title is required in order to issue the authentication. The taxes are to be paid in full to obtain this form. The fee for the form is $10.00 and is due upon issuance of the authentication.
- Apply for a new title from the Mesa County Motor Vehicle Department within 45 days of the sale of a new manufactured home or within 30 days of the sale of a previously owned manufactured home. See attached list of Secure and Verifiable ID needed to obtain a new title.
- Contact the Mesa County Treasurer's Office if the seller did not provide you a title but you have a bill of sale.
- A Tax Authentication is required at the time of transfer (See "Seller" above).
- The title must be filed in the same county that the home is located.
- Be ready to pay current years taxes when they become due the following January.