971 Coffman Road, Building B
Whitewater, CO 81527
P.O. Box 20,000
Grand Junction, CO 81502-5001
Stationary Calibration Method for Boom Sprayers
- Fill the spray tank approximately ½ full with clean water. If a drift control agent will be used during the application, calibrate with drift control agent.
- Measure the swath width (SW) in inches.
- Collect the spray output from the nozzle(s) for 1 minute. Measure the volume collected in fluid ounces and divide by 128 to determine gallons per minute (GPM).
- Select the speed, in miles per hour, that will be used for spraying.
- Determine the gallons per acre (GPA) being applied, using a large output nozzle or a cluster of nozzles.
|GPA =||5940 x GPM
mph x SW (in inches)
|GPA =||GPM x 495
mph x SW (in feet)
|Chemical needed =||
chemical rate x tank volume (in gallons)