Municipalities in Mesa County
Mesa County lies on the Western border of Colorado and covers 3,309 square miles.
Five municipalities sit within its boundaries
- The City of Grand Junction is 33 square miles and is the county seat.
- The City of Fruita is 6 square miles.
- The Town of Palisade is 1 square mile.
- The Town of Collbran 1/2 square mile.
- The Town of DeBeque 1/3 square mile.
The remainder of the county 3,268 square miles is unincorporated land, outside of the municipal boundaries.
Approximately 71% of the county’s total land mass is public land, managed by Federal and State agencies.