544 Rood Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501
P.O. Box 20,000
Grand Junction, CO 81502-5001
Mesa County lies on the Western border of Colorado and covers 3,309 square miles. Five municipalities sit within its boundaries:
- The City of Grand Junction(33 square miles), which is the county seat;
- The City of Fruita (6 square miles);
- The Town of Palisade (1 square mile),
- The Town of Collbran (1/2 square mile);
- The Town of DeBeque (1/3 square mile).
The remainder of the county (3,268 square miles) is unincorporated land, outside of the municipal boundaries. Approximately 71% of the county’s total land mass is public land, managed by Federal and State agencies.