544 Rood Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501
P.O. Box 20,000
Grand Junction, CO 81502-5001
What We Do
Click on the titles to view additional information
- Types of claims include workers compensation, property, liability, and automobile.
- To file a claim notify the County department or employee nearest the site of the incident/accident. Then contact Risk Management, at (970) 244-1868.
- You need the following information to file a claim: who, what, when, where, and why. Who was involved? What happened? When did it occur? Where did it occur? And, why did it occur, i.e. what were the circumstances?
- Review contracts and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to ensure sufficient insurance is requested in contracts then provided on Certificates of Insurance (COIs), thereby protecting the County's interests. Contact Risk Management at (970) 244-1868, if you have any questions.
- Minimum Insurance Requirements are as follows: Commercial General Liability, occurrence form, with minimum limits of $1 million combined single limit, per occurrence for bodily injury, personal injury, and property damage; Comprehensive Automobile Liability insurance with minimum limits for bodily injury and property damage of not less than $1 million combined single limit per accident. Additional insurance requirements may be specified depending on the nature and scope of the services to be provided to include: additional Commercial General Liability and Automobile Liability limits, Excess Liability/Umbrella Liability Insurance, Errors and Omissions Liability, Professional Liability, Builders Risk Insurance, and Bid Bonds and/or Performance Bonds.
- Administer the County's self-insurance retention and policies for workers compensation, liability, and property insurance.
- Review policies annually prior to renewal.
- Prepare Requests for Proposals every 4 or 5 years to go out for insurance bids.
Prepare and analyze data which identifies areas of County operations and exposure where we can take steps to avoid, decrease frequency, or reduce the severity of accidental losses.
Other Safety-related Web Sites
- Defensive Driving