3071 US Highway 50
Grand Junction, CO 81503
P.O. Box 20,000
Grand Junction, CO 81502-5001
Business Hazardous Waste Collection Program
The Mesa County Hazardous Waste Collection Facility (HWCF) provides a safe and affordable disposal and recycling options for businesses which are Very Small Quantity Generators (VSQG) within Mesa County. The program is fee based and will require each business/VSQG to register with the Mesa County HWCF.
Services provided through the business program includes:
- Waste characterization support - site visit
- Disposal/recycle options and referral
- Information resource
What is a VSQG?
VSQGs are defined by federal and state waste disposal regulations. ALL businesses must meet the following requirements to utilize the VSQG waste collection program:
A generator is a VSQG if:
- Generates no more than 100 Kilograms of hazardous waste in that month (100 kg = 220 pounds or ~25 gallons) in a month
- Generates no more than 1 Kilogram of an acute hazardous waste in that month
- Never accumulates more than 1000 kg, 2,200 pounds, or 220 gallons of hazardous waste on-site at one time
- Never accumulates more acute hazardous waste than 1 kg or 2.2 pounds on-site at one time
Does My Business Qualify for the Program?
The Mesa County Hazardous Waste Collection Program considers any person who attempts to derive a profit through its operations or activities and generates hazardous waste a business.
Examples of businesses/VSQG generators include, but are not limited to:
- All non-residential businesses, including those utilized by non-profit organizations.
- Rental properties.
- Hobbyists who sell their articles.
- Auto shops.
- Painters and electricians.
- Maintenance departments.
- Farms and ranches.
- Dentists and Medical clinics.
- Dry Cleaners