3071 US Highway 50
Grand Junction, CO 81503
P.O. Box 20,000
Grand Junction, CO 81502-5001
To ensure the safety of our customers and employees please abide by the following guidelines when utilizing the Mesa County Landfill:
- All loads must be covered & secured or will be charged double
- When at the landfill, utilize the middle scale posted as “All other Users.”
- Please allow vehicles to completely exit the scale before pulling on. The traffic light will indicate green.
- Please pull on the scale slowly.
- When notified by the scale house attendant please pull off the scale slowly.
- Be aware of on-coming traffic and trash trucks exiting the “pre-pass” scale on the right.
- The posted speed limit at the landfill is 15 miles per hour.
- Please yield to all landfill equipment.
- Stay on designated roads and do not pass other vehicles.
- When arriving at the drop-off area of the landfill, please deposit trash where directed by the equipment operator or posted signs.
- Please keep all children and pets inside the vehicle. No smoking outside of the vehicle.
- Do not deposit hazardous waste into the landfill. This includes auto batteries, motor oil, paints, pesticides, flammable liquids, electronics, and other hazardous materials. Please use the Hazardous Waste Collection Facility for proper disposal.
- For safety and health issues scavenging is prohibited.
- Please drive back to the scale house after trash is disposed.
- Slowly pull on to the scale when the traffic light is “green.”
- The scale house attendant will inform you of fees due.
- When the transaction is complete please pull off the scales slowly and exit the facility.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Wastes Prohibited for Disposal at the Mesa County Landfill & Transfer Stations
- Waste containing free liquid or a hazardous waste.
- Appliances containing Freon.
- Special wastes not approved for disposal.
- Materials which produce large quantities of dust when disposed.
- Auto batteries or wastes containing mercury.
- All electronics. Contact the Hazardous Waste Collection Facility for disposal options 256-9543.