3071 US Highway 50
Grand Junction, CO 81503
P.O. Box 20,000
Grand Junction, CO 81502-5001
All requests for disposal of non-hazardous industrial and special waste must be evaluated and pre-approved by Mesa County’s Regulatory Compliance Manager prior to acceptance at the Mesa County landfill.
Mesa County Solid Waste Management defines “Special Waste” as any solid waste, which requires chemical analysis prior to acceptance and/or any waste requiring special handling before disposal.
Special wastes include, but are not limited to:
- Friable Asbestos- Accepted Tuesday- Friday Only
- Non- Friable Asbestos- Accepted Monday- Friday Only
- Loads with more than 9 tires
- Other bulk materials
- Contaminated soils
- Biomedical wastes
- Household and conditionally exempt hazardous wastes
* NOTE- Liquid waste is prohibited from disposal at the Mesa County Landfill. Please contact the Mesa County Hazardous Waste Collection Facility at (970) 256-9543 for liquid waste disposal options.
A complete list of special wastes and specific guidance can be found in the Mesa County Industrial and Special Waste Management Plan. For information concerning the special waste policy please contact the the Regulatory Compliance Manager at (970) 254-4158 or by downloading the following PDF files.