Clifton Community Campus
A community campus that will meet the needs and better serve residents in Clifton.
To promote a better quality of life through accessible services and resources while connecting community members. (Other: public safety, recreation, and health equity.)
Public engagement is critical in developing the campus. The early stages should give ample opportunity for residents to give input.
- Agencies will work on a joint PowerPoint presentation to share at the public meeting on Aug. 19.
- Partners will be responsible for managing each of their respective agency stations and will provide their own comment cards and materials as well as a Spanish-speaking translator.
- Key messaging and questions.
- We are here to listen.
- We are in the early stages — the location is still a hayfield. Nothing is a done deal without the neighborhood’s input.
- Strong processes and active partnerships matter when it comes to strengthening our community.
- We work together with our residents and businesses to create a better Mesa County.
- We can leverage our strengths to tackle our challenges before they become problems. We can lead and innovate with the services and resources that Mesa County provides at the campus.
- We do not have all the details — this is what we have for now, what do you think?
- What services would you like to see?
- What services do you not have access to that you need in Clifton?
Current Proposed Services
- Clifton Town Hall:
- Anticipated to be approximately 13,000 square feet
- One high school size basketball court with four additional hoops, two on each side for halfcourt play
- Court would double/entertain seating for 400 for other events
Storage for tables & chairs
- One commercial pantry/banquette kitchen
- Two offices
- Two restrooms with an estimated six water closets in each
- Exterior primary age playground & swing sets
Exterior toddler age playground & swing sets
- Exterior 40' to 60' gazebo
- Exterior movie wall
- Exterior handball court
- Exterior Restrooms
- Exterior grass areas
- Exterior landscaping
- Childcare Center
- 200+ child care spots offering ample CO Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) spots
- Serving infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children
- Kitchen for healthy child care meals and snacks
- Indoor gross motor skills area
- Space for child evaluations and screenings
- Observation rooms for workforce training
- Office space for early childhood support services, including Partnership for Children and Families
- Meeting space for early childhood workforce trainings
- Clifton Library Branch
- 3 Classrooms (20 capacity)
- 3 study rooms (2 capacity)
- 3 Multipurpose rooms (50 capacity)
There are other library study rooms, conference rooms and outdoor classrooms in the current plan that could also be utilized.
Early Childhood Education Center and Training Hub
- 174 child care spots offering ample CO Child Care
- Assistance Program (CCCAP) spots
- Serving infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- Kitchen for healthy child care meals and snacks Indoor gross motor skills area
- Space for child evaluations and screenings Observation rooms for workforce training
- Office space for early childhood support services including Partnership for Children and Families
- Meeting space for childhood workforce training
3270 D ½ Road