Manufactured Home Titles
Need information on your manufactured home?
If you are selling your manufactured home, purging your title/converting to real property, wanting to re-establish title, removing it from its permanent location or destroying your manufactured home or you will need specific forms.
Each transaction may have differences that are not addressed in the instructions on this page. If you need help, please contact us.
Are you ready to sell your manufactured home but keep your land?
Along with your title, you or the buyer will need to complete a Manufactured Home Transfer Declaration.
Manufactured Homes - Transfer Declaration
Would you like help filling out the back of the title?
Please visit our office and one of our team members will provide assistance.
- You need to re-establish title because your title has been purged.
- Your land and home has been converted to real property.
- You will need to complete a Certificate of Removal. This process allows you to re-establish a title.
Are you removing your manufactured home from the land and moving it somewhere else?
- You will also need to complete a Certificate of Removal
- If you are keeping the manufactured home but removing it from the land where it was previously converted to real property/your title was purged.
- This process allows you to re-establish a title so you can move it to its new location.
- Please keep in mind that you will also need a moving permit from the Treasurer's Office.
Are you wanting to destroy your manufactured home?
Regardless of your manufactured home's "status," if you want to destroy it you must complete a Certificate of Destruction form:
Are you ready to convert your home to real property?
Do you own the land your home is on?
Are you currently receiving two separate tax notices (one for the home and one for the land)?
Manufactured Homes - Certificate of Permanent Location
Do you have a long-term lease (a lease for at least 10 years) on the land that your home is on?
Certificate of Permanent Location for a Manufactured Home Subject to a Long-Term Lease
Has your title been purged? Do you receive a single tax notice for the land and the home combined?
Manufactured Home - Affidavit of Real Property
Not sure which form you need?
Contact the Assessor's Office to ask if your land and home is assessed taxes together or separately.
Do you need to access forms listed on your checklist for establishing title by surety bond or in lieu of bond?
Visit the Department of Revenue Division of Motor Vehicles website Manufactured Homes section to access the forms directly.