Sex Offender Registry
C.R.S. 16-22-112(1) prohibits sex offender registry information to be used to inflict retribution or additional punishment upon the registrant. Vigilantism or using this information to harass, threaten, or intimidate is criminal behavior and will not be tolerated. Such actions can lead to arrest and prosecution.
The state sex offender registry includes only persons who:
- Have been convicted of certain acts of unlawful sexual behavior since July 1, 1991
- Are in compliance with the sex offender registry as a safeguard against perpetrators of sexual assault in their communities
The crime for which a person is convicted may not accurately reflect the level of risk.
The Sexual Offender Tracking and Registration (SOTAR) Website allows you to:
- Search for sex offenders in your neighborhood.
- Receive email notifications if an offender moves into your neighborhood.
Map of registered sex offenders
View a current map of all registered sex offenders in Mesa County by visiting the Sexual Offender Tracking and Registration (SOTAR) system.
Registration fees for sex offenders
All sex offenders are required to pay:
- $75 at the time of initial registration
- $25 any subsequent annual registrations
More information is available on the:
Sexually Violent Predators (SVP)
SVPs are considered the highest-risk sex offenders
- Most SVPs are in prison.
- SVPs are posted on this site when living in the community.
- They are either under criminal justice supervision or have completed their sentence.
- SVPs are the only category of sex offenders subject to Community Notification.
This general video outlines resources and realities of Sexually Violent Predators in Mesa County, Colorado.