Skip to main content

Veterans services in Grand Junction

The Mesa County Workforce Center strives to serve all eligible Veterans and qualifying family members with employment and training opportunities, as well as assist with VA benefits. We have Workforce Center teams who specialize in Employment Services and Career Development with priority given to Veterans, but also have three individuals with unique training, qualifications, and certifications who only work with Veterans and qualifying dependents. All three are Veterans themselves who strive in providing the best service possible.

Veterans Services Officer

Veteran Services Officers (VSO)

The Veteran Services Officer Anthony “Tony” Lee and Assistant Veteran Services Officer Laura Stanley are available to assist Mesa County Veterans and their loved ones with VA benefits such as service connected disability, pension, survivor benefits, and gaining their DD214.  Both Anthony and Laura are accredited VSOs through the VAs Office of General Council and hold their accreditation through the Colorado Division of Veteran Affairs.  

Our services are by appointment only other than open walk in hours every Tuesday from 8am to 3pm.

Veteran Services Team Email:

Contact Anthony Lee: 970-248-2733 or

Schedule an appointment online with Anthony:  

Contact Laura Stanley: (970) 257-2218 or

Schedule an appointment online with Laura:



Veterans and eligible covered persons receive priority of service in all federally funded workforce programs including job search assistance.  Staff at the Mesa County Workforce Center provides job referrals, job searches, vocational guidance, and career information along with appropriate referrals to other programs.

Consolidated Veteran Services Representative (CVSR) intensive job assistance services:

Qualifications for job seekers: 180 days active duty, any discharge other than dishonorable and meet one of the following categories:

  • Service-connected rating of 10% or greater
  • Homeless/(couch-surfing)
  • Ex-offender (justice involved)
  • 18-24 years old
  • Recently separated (within 36 months) and unemployed for 27 weeks
  • Transitioning service member within 12 months of discharge or retirement
  • Eligible spouse: Are you the spouse of a totally disabled or deceased veteran whose disability or death was service-connected?
  • Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Lack a high school diploma or equivalent certificate
  • Unemployed/under-employed, or you receive public assistance
  • Veteran between the ages of 18-24 years old
  • Wounded Warrior

Veterans and eligible spouses can contact Job Services at 970-248-7560 or to complete the referral form.

Local Business Needs

  • Job fairs
  • Hiring events
  • LMI (Labor Market Information)
  • Educate businesses on the benefits for hiring Veterans and eligible spouses
  • Employer outreach
  • Workshops
  • Job search workgroups
  • Coordinate with unions, apprenticeship programs and business organizations to promote and secure employment and training programs for Veterans
  • And, much more…

*Businesses contact Michael A. Smith Jr. at 970-248-7580 or

Disabled Veterans Outreach Program

Intensive job search assistance is available to those Veterans meeting eligibility requirements through our Disabled Veterans Outreach Program Specialist.  Contact an Employment Specialist for more information.


Other Local Veteran Resources


Suicide and Crisis Lifeline 988

VA Benefits Line: 1-800-827-1000

Check claim status, change contact information, change bank, etc.

Western Colorado VA Medical Center: 970-242-0731

HUD-VASH for Homeless or At Risk Veterans: 970-244-1318

SSVF VOA Western Slope: 970-257-3760

Vet Center for Veteran Counseling Services: 970-245-4146

Western Region One Source970-257-3760

DEERS ID Office: 970-257-6762

Western Colorado Veterans Cemetery970-263-8986