Skip to main content
Concept photograph for Permits.   Office Binder on Wooden Desk. On the table colored pencils, pen, notebook paper.

Frequently asked questions

How is a permit obtained?

  • You can download them from our Permit Page
  • Some permits are available online in our Customer Portal
  • Come into our office

200 South Spruce Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501

When are permits required?

  • Mesa County issues permits for ANY construction activities within the Mesa County Right of Way
  • Public Drainage Easements
  • Rights-of-way and roads
    • Gravel or paved
    • Under the control and jurisdiction of Mesa County
  • Permits are also required for the transportation of vehicles or loads
    • Exceed the legal load limit for size or weight
    • Defined by The Colorado Department of Transportation
Photograph of Frequently Asked Questions Green Road Sign with Dramatic Clouds and Sky.

Questions or problems with a permit application

Contact Public Works Administration


Online payment

Visit our online payment payment website to pay permit fees

Online Payment

Technical issues with online permit or payment system

Report any technical issues you encounter

Mesa County IT Helpdesk

Phone 970-683-4200