Permits for Public Works Divison
Frequently Asked Questions
How is a permit obtained?
- You can download them from our Permit Page.
- Some permits are available online in our Customer Portal.
- Come into our office.
200 South Spruce Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
- Call Public Works Administration 970-244-1765.
When are permits required?
- Mesa County issues permits for ANY construction activities within the Mesa County Right of Way.
- Public Drainage Easements
- Rights-of-way and roads
- Gravel or paved
- Under the control and jurisdiction of Mesa County
- Permits are also required for the transportation of vehicles or loads.
- Exceed the legal load limit for size or weight
- Defined by The Colorado Department of Transportation