Best Practices for your Business
Why does stormwater quality matter
- The storm drainage system is designed to collect stormwater - rain and snowmelt - and release it directly into the Colorado River.
- Pollutants, such as fertilizers, pesticides, oils and other sediments are transported in stormwater as rain and snowmelt travel across lawns, roads, parking lots and other surfaces.
- This polluted stormwater then enters the Colorado River without filtration or treatment.
- Contaminants that enter the stormwater system degrade the quality of our drinking water and pollute our fish and wildlife habitats.
How can you help
- As good stewards of the Colorado River, we must take extra precautions to ensure that stormwater runoff does not jeopardize the quality of our natural water source.
- Implementing Best Management Practices (BMPs) and reviewing waste management systems will help ensure a safe work environment and provide a cleaner water source for years to come.