Skip to main content

Welcome to our citizens online reporting system

Online system

This online system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy for free.

Please read all instructions before starting your report.

Photograph of businessman chooses Investigation button on a touch screen interface.

System information

If this is an EMERGENCY, call 911

This online reporting system is for Mesa County, Colorado ONLY.

Steps to file an online report

  • Choose the type of report you wish to file from the list of categories.
  • Fill out the form as completely and accurately as possible.
  • Include detailed information, such as a serial number and the value of the lost or stolen property.
  • If reporting more than one type of crime or multiple crimes, you must submit a separate report for each one.

Upon completion of this report

  • You will see the words: "Your online police report has been submitted," showing that your report is complete.
  • You will be given a reference number until a case number is assigned.
  • Print a copy of the report to keep for your records.

Please be aware

All cases filed using the Citizens Online Reporting System will be reviewed. You may be contacted if further investigation of your case is needed.

Warning notice

Law enforcement reports are a matter of public record. Reporting a false crime or lying on a report is a punishable crime. All violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Ready to file your report online?

ALL of the following MUST apply:

  1. This is NOT an Emergency.
  2. This incident occurred within unincorporated Mesa County. 
  3. You don't have any suspect information.
  4. No weapons were involved or stolen.
  5. You have a current email address and check it regularly.

Don't meet all of the requirements?

You must file your report with a deputy. Call 970-242-6707 .

Screenshot from the Report a Crime System.  Shows the incident type selected.  Confirm Question acknowledging that filing a false police report is a crime.

    Select the type of report you wish to file

    Register the serial number of a bicycle.

    Example: You would like to register your bike for law enforcement to be able to identify if it is lost or stolen.

    Start Report

    An unknown person or persons have damaged your property.

    Example: Someone threw a rock through a window of your home or vehicle, and nothing was stolen (property damage only), your mailbox was knocked over, etc.

    Start Report

    Unauthorized charges have been made using your financial accounts, someone has used your personal identification information to obtain credit, goods, or services, or someone has signed your name without permission, and you have no suspect information. Your cards/information was not physically lost or stolen.

    Example: An unknown person has made charges to or withdrawn money from your account(s) without your permission or knowledge, signed your name without permission, or obtained credit, goods, or services by unauthorized use of your personal information.

    Start Report

    If you know the person who committed the crime, or the business where your credit card was used is located in Mesa County, you will need to fill out a fraud packet and file your report with a deputy.

    Call 970-242-6707 to start the report.

    Identity Theft Fraud Packet

    If an unknown person has dumped rubbish, waste material, refuse, garbage, trash, debris, or other foreign substances onto your property, you can report the littering online. (Note: The property owner is responsible for the removal of the material and any associated costs.)      

    Example: An unknown person has dumped rubbish, waste material, refuse, garbage, trash, debris, or other foreign substances onto your property.

    Start Report

    If you want to report property you lost, such as a wallet, cellular telephone, or any other property of value

    You can report the lost property here.       

    Examples: Missing property, leaving items in a restaurant, or missing from home. The license plate on my vehicle was lost.

    Start Report

    Professionals required by law to mandatory report non-emergency instances of suspected abuse and/or neglect.

    For any immediate safety risk or emergency, please call 911.    

    Example: You work with an at-risk adult who arrived at your facility wearing dirty clothes that smelled of urine. They appear to be neglected while at home.

    Start Report

    Unknown person(s) causing unreasonable and continued noise which interferes with the enjoyment or comfort of your surrounding environs.     

    Example: Continual loud music, or excessive noise.

    Start Report

    Unknown persons have contacted you online or on the phone with the intent to trick you into providing them with money and/or personal identifying information. If you have not provided information or money please complete a Suspicious Activity Report.

    Example: Someone has contacted you via phone and tricked you into sending them money for a benefit you have not received.

    Start Report

    Heavy vehicle or foot traffic continuously or at odd hours, unknown person(s) behaving suspiciously, or scams in which no goods, services, money, or personal information has been exchanged.       

    Example: Possible drug activity people coming in and out of a residence at all hours. Information on suspects of theft.

    Start Report

    An unknown person or persons caused an inconvenience or annoyance by tampering with another's personal property.

    Example: Defacement of public or private property, such as having eggs, shaving cream, or toilet paper thrown at house or property, or graffiti. No permanent damage to any property.

    Start Report

    Property is taken without your permission. This does not include someone physically taking something from you or your vehicle.         

    Example: Someone stole my bike, license plate, wallet, etc.

    Start Report

    You have observed traffic problems in a specific area, and you would like the police to know about it so they can enforce the traffic laws in that area when available.       

    Example: People are speeding on the residential streets in your neighborhood or ignoring a stop sign creating a hazard for other motorists.

    Start Report

    Request a patrol car drive by your property on specific dates if available. Please submit your request at least two weeks before you leave. 

    Example: You are leaving on vacation and you have concerns about possible burglaries, thefts, vandalism, etc.

    Start Report

    Contact us

    If the crime you wish to report is not listed or you have any questions, please call the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office at 970-242-6707.

    Frequently asked questions

    Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding our online reporting system.

    If this page doesn’t answer your question:

    Call us at 970-242-6707  or send us a suggestion by emailing

    • If you are having trouble starting the report or you can’t see the report page once you click “Start Report”
      • Check your pop-up blocking settings.
      • Set it to allow pop-ups on this page.  

    Still having issues?

    Call 970-242-6707.

    Here are a few examples as to how to enter an address into the online reporting system.

    If the address is located on a highway, you should list the name of the highway under the St. Name and leave the St Type field blank.

    Address Examples
    House Number Street Direction Street Name Street Type
    215   Rice St
    123 1/2 N Main Ave
    2785   Highway 50  


    • If you need to report your license plate lost or stolen, please file the report under Theft.
    • Please also include a copy of your most recent car registration form as well.
    • You may attach it to the report by clicking "Attach/Detach Documents and Photographs" when prompted. 

    If your incident is an emergency, call 911.

    If it’s not an emergency, call 970-242-6707 to file a report

    Can I file a report using this online citizen reporting system?

    Unfortunately, no.

    • You must file the report where the crime occurred.
    • If a crime took place in the city of Grand Junction, visit the File a Report Online page on the Grand Junction Police Department website.
    • If you don’t know where the crime occurred and wish to file a report call 970-242-6707.

    Unfortunately, no.

    • There is no save feature available for this online reporting system.
    • You must have all of your information gathered when you submit a report.
    • You are NOT allowed to start the process and return to the report.
    • If you don’t have all of the information:
      • Gather the information.
      • Start the report again.
    • If the report asks you questions you don’t know the answer to,
      • It is OK to leave it blank.
      • Write an explanation in the narrative section of the online report.

    If your incident is an emergency, call 911.

    If it’s not an emergency, call 970-242-6707 to file a report with a deputy.

    You will not be able to use this online reporting system.