Mesa County Advisory Board - Animal Services
Advisory Board Members
The Advisory Board of Animal Services consists of six (6) members. One member shall be a Mesa County Veterinarian, who shall be appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the Mesa County Board of County Commissioners. One member shall be the Mesa County Director of Public Health or designee. One member shall be a Mesa County Commissioner or designatee of the Mesa County Board of County Commissioners. One member shall be the Mesa County Sheriff or designee. One member shall be the Grand Junction Police Chief or designee. One member shall be a non-voting citizen representative who shall be appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the Mesa County Board of County Commissioners. The Mesa County District Attorney or designee and the Grand Junction City Attorney or designee shall serve as legal advisors to the Board.
Members shall be appointed for a term of two (2) years, except that any vacancy occurring during a term shall be filled for the unexpired term. A member shall hold office until a successor has been appointed.
Functions of the Board
- Provide financial and budgetary input regarding operations of Animal Services
- Act in an advisory capacity to Animal Services.
- Study and make recommendations on the operation of Animal Services
- Study and make recommendations relating to Animal Services issues that may arise
- Hold a regular, advertised meeting at least once each calendar quarter
Advisory Board meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of the 2nd month of each quarter at a designated location.