Mesa County Animal Services along with its local partner rescues are dedicated to managing displaced pets in a socially conscious manner. Often, these pets are in need of veterinary care or first aid to recover from the hazards of running loose in our community.
We are committed to providing each animal with the following:
- Freedom from hunger and thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain health and vigor.
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease by prevention or diagnosis and treatment.
- Freedom to express normal behavior by providing sufficient space and proper facilities.
- Freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
- Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
In addition, Mesa County Animal Services provides educational information about responsible pet ownership. This includes owner requested euthanasia, pet licensing and Project PUPs-spay neuter assistance.