Skip to main content

Mesa County Animal Services (MCAS) provides animal law enforcement and response for Mesa County and the City of Grand Junction.

  • MCAS has field officers that cover over 3300 square miles. This includes all of unincorporated Mesa County and the City of Grand Junction.
  • MCAS responds to animal service enforcement issues from 8 AM - 8 PM Monday through Friday and from 8 AM - 4 PM on Saturday and Sunday. Emergency response for people or animals at immediate risk during non-response hours is available through 911.
  • MCAS officers investigate cases of animal cruelty against domestic pet animals including dogs and cats. Reports of animal cruelty against livestock should be referred to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office.

Mesa County Animal Services handles any potential rabies exposure to a human or domestic pet. If a person or domestic animal has had contact with a bat, skunk, raccoon, fox, or other wild carnivore, please contact us immediately. See Contact Information.

Colorado Revised Statute 25-4-603 requires all animal bites be reported. If the bite occurred in unincorporated Mesa County or in the City of Grand Junction, you will need to report the bite to Mesa County Animal Services.

If you are bitten by a wild animal, please contact the Mesa County Health Department at (970) 254-4120.

The cities and towns of Collbran, Debeque, Fruita and Palisade provide animal control services through their local law enforcement agency. Please contact the Grand Junction Regional Communications Center for law enforcement response at 970-242-6707 or 911. This includes reporting dog or cat bites. 

Please call the Colorado Department of Wildlife at 970-255-6100 to report injured, nuisance or deceased wildlife.