Selling a Vehicle
Are you selling a vehicle?
Then you have arrived at the correct location where you will find the information you need to know.
Provide the Colorado Certificate of Title
- If there is more than one owner named on the front of the Certificate of Title.
- All owners must print and sign their name as seller, exactly as it is printed on the title.
Enter purchase price and date
- After Hours Purchase C.R.S. 42-3-115(2)(b), C.R.S. 42-6-113.
- A buyer of a vehicle may operate a vehicle on the highway prior to registering the vehicle when.
- The buyer has purchased the motor vehicle within the last 36 hours from a person who is not a licensed motor vehicle dealer.
- The vehicle was purchased either on a Saturday, on a Sunday, on a legal holiday, or between 5:00 pm and 8:00 am.
- The vehicle is being driven from the place where the seller stored the vehicle to the place where the buyer intends to store the vehicle.
- Seller keeps the license plates.
- These should be removed from the vehicle.
- Complaints against Auto Dealers can be filed in writing to the Auto Industry Division on the Colorado Department of Revenue Specialized Business Group website.
- Safety Issues and Recalls website on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website.
- Check National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) Vehicle History for consumers before you buy.