Janet Rowland, Mesa County Commissioner for District 3
Get to know your County Commissioner
Janet Rowland, County Commissioner for District 3
Janet Rowland has three decades of experience looking for ways to build community partnerships to solve problems, especially for the most vulnerable. She continues to advocate for children in need, hard-working families, mental health, and economic growth.
Janet previously served as a Mesa County Commissioner from 2005 to 2013.
Janet and her husband Lance have two children and three grandchildren.
County Commissioner Janet Rowland represents the county on these boards and commissions
- 2023 Chair of the Board of Mesa County Commissioners
- Board of Public Health
- Colorado Counties, Inc. (CCI) Justice & Public Safety, Health & Human Services Committees
- Colorado Child Abuse Prevention Council
- Colorado Opioid Abatement Council
- Community Corrections Board
- Community Services Block Grant — Tri-Partite Board (Public Health)
- Colorado Child Welfare Allocation Committee
- Colorado Workforce Allocation Committee
- Criminal Justice Advisory Committee
- National Association of Counties (NACo) — Human Services Legislative Steering Committee
- Mesa County Regional Opioid Board
Leadership and community service experience
- Prevent Child Abuse Colorado, Founding Board Member
- Colorado State Meth Task Force
- Mesa County Meth Task Force