Noxious Weed Law
Noxious Weed and Pest Management Responsibilities
We are responsible for noxious weed management in the unincorporated areas of the county as mandated by the Colorado Noxious Weed Act and outlined in the Mesa County Noxious Weed Plan.
- The Colorado Noxious Weed Act states that noxious weed management is the responsibility of
- Local governing agencies
- Incorporated municipalities
- Lands owned by state agencies
- Any landowner with vegetation on their property
- The Act stipulates that the board of county commissioners of each county in the state shall adopt a noxious weed management plan for all the unincorporated lands within the county.
- In April of 2020 the Mesa County Board of County Commissioners approved the Mesa County Noxious Weed Plan.
National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
National Pollution Discharge Elimination System - Compliance Certificate
National Pollution Discharge Elimination System - Permit