Crime Reduction Unit
About the Crime Reduction Unit (CRU)
The Crime Reduction Unit (CRU) was created in June 2017.
- CRU provides a proactive problem-solving unit to serve the citizens of our community.
- The team is designed to problem-solve issues relating to citizens and residences in our community that have a higher need for government services.
- CRU excels with its partnerships with many organizations, including non-profit organizations.
Since its creation, they have assisted many citizens and neighborhoods by providing long-term solutions to many complex problems.
CRU has shown to be a tremendous asset to the Mesa County Sheriff's Office and the citizens of our community.
- Reduce crime.
- Improve the quality of life.
- Partner with our citizens by utilizing:
- Problem-oriented policing practices.