Birth and Death Certificates
Who can obtain certificates
- The registrant, parents, grandparents, siblings, spouses and people with a tangible interest.
- Supporting documentation to establish proof of relationship and/or proof of a direct and tangible interest, may be required.
- Current ID is required. The following document provides the list of ID's accepted to prove a relationship with the person on the certificate.
Types of certificates
- Birth certificates are available for all counties in Colorado.
- Death certificates are available for deaths which occurred in Mesa County from 1910 to present.
- Death records are available for deaths which occurred in the whole state from 1975 to present.
- If you’re looking for a death record prior to 1975, contact the county in which the person died.
What will I be charged
- A fee of $20.00 for the first copy.
- Additional copies of the same record, obtained at the same time, are $13.00 each.
How to acquire the certificate
Visit the Birth and Death Certificate Counter at Mesa County Public Health.
Birth and Death Certificate Hours
Mondays–Thursdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to Noon
Visit VitalChek Network, Inc. An additional fee is charged. All major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard®, or Visa®. There is an option for overnight shipping for an additional fee.
Send one of the following applications with your check or money order, or provide credit card information on the application. A copy of your ID is required.
P.O. Box 20,000, Department 5033
Grand Junction, CO 81502-5001