Court Services Unit
About Court Services
The Court Services Unit is staffed by deputies who maintain a constant presence in the Justice Center while it is open for business.
Court Services deputies are responsible for law enforcement services in and around the Justice Center, including:
- Controlling a security checkpoint.
- Maintaining order in the courtroom.
- Transporting inmates
- From the courtroom to the Detention Facility
- Locally - Example: from the youth detention facility to court or hospital, etc.
- Long distance - Example: to the Department of Corrections or extraditions from other jurisdictions
The Mesa County Justice Center
The Mesa County Justice Center is estimated to receive nearly half a million visitors yearly. That is approximately the number of travelers passing through the Grand Junction Regional Airport checkpoints annually.
- Visitors to the Justice Center will encounter security screening very similar to what is in place at most airports.
- Signs direct visitors to the appropriate entrance to walk through a metal detector.
Metal detector screening
- All hand-carried items must be placed through an x-ray machine. When required, those items will be hand searched.
- Visitors may be requested to remove their shoes, belt, or other articles, including items in their pockets.
- This screening prevents restricted weapons or contraband from being brought into the justice center.
Need to look up case information?
Contact the Mesa County Court Clerk
Call 970-257-3640 or visit the 21st Judicial District / Mesa County section of the Colorado Judicial Branch website.
Did you receive a jury summons and have questions?
Contact the Mesa County Justice Center
Call 970-257-3650 or visit the 21st Judicial District / Mesa County section of the Colorado Judicial Branch website.
Scam alert: Jury duty calls
The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office will NEVER call you if you have missed jury duty!
If you have received a call from someone claiming that you have a warrant out for your arrest, hang up!
It is a scam!
Call 970-244-3500 to verify the information.
Tips to remember before visiting the Mesa County Justice Center
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow extra time for security screening.
- Allow more than 15 minutes to go through screening during peak hours between
- 7:45 am - 8:00 am
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Leave all prohibited items in your vehicle before entering the facility.
- Prohibited items will be confiscated before you can pass the security checkpoint.
- Firearms - They are not allowed even if you are licensed to carry a handgun.
- Food or drinks
- Pocket knives or illegal blades
- Stun guns, mace, or other caustic materials
- Brass knuckles
- Cameras or recording devices
- Scissors or fingernail clippers
All contraband items will be confiscated, and a claim ticket will be issued for pick up upon exiting the facility. In some cases, a summons may be issued.
125 North Spruce Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Monday - Friday: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm (excluding holidays)
Combined Clerks office:
Monday - Friday: 7:30 am to 4:30 pm (excluding holidays)