The Mesa County Sheriff's Office has modified operations as a precaution due to COVID-19.
Visit our COVID-19 Operational Impacts page for more information.
About the Records Unit
The Records Unit is the support staff for the Mesa County Sheriff's Office.
They strive to fulfill the mission of the Sheriff's Office daily by partnering with citizens to enhance the quality of life in Mesa County and anticipating, identifying, and resolving public safety concerns.
The Records Unit is responsible for processing, maintaining, archiving, retrieving, and releasing information and copies of reports in accordance with federal and state regulations and guidelines.
This unit performs a wide range of duties, including:
- Arrest records
- Background checks
- Case reports
- Concealed handgun permits
- Public and criminal fingerprinting
The Records Unit also processes and accepts payments for:
- Mesa County Code tickets
Criminal Justice Records Requests
The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office releases records in accordance with Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act, C.R.S. 24-72-301, and Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. 24-72-201, as it applies to the public records that may exist.
Visit our Open Records Request page to learn how to request a copy of a report.
- Background Check: $2.00
- Case/Incident Reports up to 4 pages: $2.00 ($0.25 for each additional page)
- Research and Retrieval Fee: $30.00 per hour for extensive data/record searches and redaction of confidential data under law. C.R.S. 24-72-205 (6)(a) No charge for the first hour of time expended on research and retrieval.
- Tapes/DVD/CD Copies: $6.00 per disk
- Concealed Handgun Permit:
- Application: $102.50
- Renewal: $48.00
- Late Fees: $15.00
- Fingerprints: $5.00 per card
- Mug Shots: $2.00 black & white / $3.00 color
- Sex Offender Registration: Initial Sex Offender Registration $75.00 /Annual $25.00
- VIN Inspections: Off-Site $20.00
For any other service fees not mentioned here, please contact a Records employee at 970-244-3500 - option 2.
We accept the following methods of payment to pay fees:
- Money order
- All major credit cards are accepted with an additional fee
215 Rice Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Hours of operation
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (excluding holidays)
Open records request
Visit our Open Records Request page to learn more about how to request a copy of a report or criminal justice record.