Mesa County Solid Waste Management operates four regional transfer stations serving our rural residents in Fruita, Molina, DeBeque, and Gateway.
All transfer stations offer free recycling drop-off for mixed paper and commingled containers made of glass, plastic, aluminum, and tin.
Transfer Station address, phone number, and hours of operation
Fruita Transfer Station
- Address: 1275 17 1/2 Rd
- Phone: (970) 858-1034
- Hours of operation: Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm
Molina Transfer Station
- Address: 51254 Highway 330
- Phone: (970) 268-5494
- Hours of operation: Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm
DeBeque Transfer Station
- Address: 2155 45.5 Rd
- Phone: (970) 283-5690
- Hours of operation: Second and fourth Saturday of each month from 9 am to 2 pm
Gateway Transfer Station
- Address: 448 Trail Rd
- Phone: (970) 283-5690
- Hours of operation: First and third Saturday of each month from 9 am to 2 pm
All loads coming to a Mesa County transfer station must be covered and secured despite the contents of the load.
Uncovered trash loads contribute to roadway litter and cause safety issues. Uncovered loads will be charged double - no exceptions!
Additionally, the entire load must be covered and tightly secured. Loads covered by tarps that are shredded or loosely tucked into the vehicle are not considered covered and secured and will be charged double.
Appropriate cover includes:
- Tarp or cargo net
- Any material which covers the entire load and is securely tied to the vehicle
Incoming loads must be tarped and secured before coming to the transfer station. Loads cannot be tarped on or near the transfer station.
The following waste is prohibited from disposal at all Mesa County transfer stations:
- Business waste
- Hazardous waste
- Liquid waste
- Universal waste, such as fluorescent light bulbs, batteries, and electronic waste
- Large bulky items, such as appliances, furniture, construction and deconstruction debris
- Out-of-county waste
If in doubt, please contact the facility to determine whether we can accept your waste at a transfer station.
Transfer Stations can accept cash or check; no credit cards. Trailers longer than 10 feet in length are prohibited.
- Personal vehicle - $20 per load
- Trailers less than 10 feet in length - $20 per load
- Truck and trailer less than 10 feet in length - $40 per load
- Mattress or box spring - $20 each
All loads must be covered and secured or fees will be doubled.