3071 US Highway 50
Grand Junction, CO 81503
P.O. Box 20,000
Grand Junction, CO 81502-5001
Transporting Hazardous Materials
It is important that all hazardous materials are transported to the facility safely from your home or business.
Here are some tips for safe transportation:
- Read all labels before transporting hazardous materials, paying careful attention to product dangers.
- Do not mix products unless instructed by label directions. Mixing products can cause explosive or poisonous chemical reactions.
- Leave all hazardous materials in their original container.
- Have all containers labeled. If you do not know what the material is please inform the technician receiving your waste.
- Make certain lids and caps are tightly sealed.
- Make sure there is adequate ventilation in your automobile.
- Transport materials in newspaper or plastic lined boxes. This will ensure that if a product leaks it won't stain your upholstery.
- Please inform the technician receiving your waste if you have used syringes or sharps for disposal.